Laboratories become perfectly functional after the inclusion of some essential machinery and equipment. Cleanroom workbench are one of the utility item which is compulsory to incorporate in any laboratory.
Literally cleanroom workbenches are devised for either sitting and relaxing while changing clothes in order to enter the lab or for sitting intermittently while doing work. They are built from material of high grade stainless steel in a simple pattern. So they are smooth to maintain. Also they offer effortless passage on either side. One can relax on workbench by lifting feet over them or simply sliding the complete body over them.
Basically the cleanroom workbench stand on four legs which is linked to one flat platform. The designing of workbench is so simple and smooth, that it effectively mitigates the chances of particle deposition and germ accumulation.
Now let’s see how to use cleanroom workbenches in laboratory-
1) Some workbenches have an advanced design which partially convert them into storage cabinets or workstations.
By attachment of shelves the workbench can be utilised for keeping lab relevant essential equipment such as face masks, gloves etc. So the workbench is transformed into a multipurpose lab furniture.
2) Similarly lab personnel can sit on the workbench, can keep lab relevant accessories or working files on the workbench. Also by sitting on workbench they can easily complete writing tasks or basic lab works.
3) Some workbench are exclusively devised for placing computer system on the shelf of workbench or for fitting other electrical devices.
4) Drawers outfitted in the workbench can be utilised for storing files, papers, accessories and other lab relevant items.
5) Laboratory ambience demands inclusion of such devices which can be cleaned daily. So the Stainless Steel Desiccators, which have least designing and minimum surface for cleaning are of great utility.
Cleanroom workbench are made of stainless steel, and steel can be easily sanitized through nitrogen or cleaners in hassle free manner, which is an essential prerequisite of lab work.
6) Stainless steel is one of the non-reactive metal. It can endure exposure to various types of chemicals. Hence workbench can be used for performing experiments with chemicals.
7) Workbenches can be used as workstations too.
8) The solid structural strength and configuration of workbenches make them perfect for any kind of hazardous lab work. Thus on the top of table rigorous work like wielding can also be performed.
9) Drawers present in workbenches can be utilised for storing lab items conveniently thereby organising the entire lab work in more systematic manner.
10) Some workbenches have flexible system of altering heights, making them easy to use. By this useful feature their height can be adjusted as per demand of the work.
11) Many designs of workbenches are supplied with wheel fitted legs, which helps in smooth pulling and pushing.
So clean workbenches built from stainless steel are work backing equipment, which transform a space into a working environment. Also stainless steel is a durable metal and can be used for infinite years. Thus workbenches are multifunctional units and offers several services.