Laboratory glove boxes which are often referred to as lab glove boxes are basically secured and sealed container boxes which have openings on their sides along with two attached gloves. The openings can be either on the same side or on opposite sides. The gloves will allow the worker to be easily working inside an isolated environment. In this article, you will be learning more about the importance of stainless steel and vacuum glove boxes.
Most of a lab glove box (in certain instances the whole glove box) walls get made by clear and acrylic plastic. At times tempered glass can also be used in order to facilitate the visibility of various processes or manipulations which are taking place inside the chamber. There are two primary types of glove boxes which are mostly used in laboratories: stainless steel glove boxes and vacuum glove boxes. These help in protecting the people who are working inside the lab from getting contaminated by any type of hazardous materials and malignant bacteria. The vacuum glove boxes also help in maintaining a constant gas environment when any experiment is getting conducted.
Inside a laboratory you will find both types of glove boxes being used. It is important that one checks the exact specifications and requirements of a particular lab before deciding on the type of glove box that needs to be bought. This will ensure that the appropriate glove box is purchased and it can fit the requirements and the processes that would be performed in the lab.
Stainless Steel Glove box:
1. These glove boxes are designed in such a way as to reduce leakage during the vacuum cycling process.
2. The stainless steel will help in eliminating corrosion and reduce contamination.
3. These glove boxes can support a vacuum level of upto -% Hg.
4. It will have a right sided air lock facility.
5. It will provide a clean, safe, air tight and air controlled environment which will be quite useful for various different manufacturing processes.
6. The single unit will feature two ten inch diametered ports which can provide a large range in motion.
7. The glove boxes can efficiently remove oxygen and replace it with inert gases.
8. Specific oxygen level monitor and analysers help to keep oxygen levels to a minimum.
Vacuum Glove Box:
The vacuum glove boxes is primarily used for manipulating objects, different substances and simulates different environments where it is impossible to get a direct physical contact with the samples and test environments. The vacuum glove box can be useful for several industry like in the semiconductor, material science and so on. It is useful in any application where manual handling with material analysis would be required in an unusual environment.
For more information on this you should search for the importance of Stainless Steel Glove Boxes and Vacuum Glove Boxes on the internet.
Hopefully, the information mentioned in this article(https://www.cleatech.com/product-category/glove-box-system/stainless-steel-glove-box/) will have helped you.