Downflow workstations are highly efficient ductless fume hoods devised to shield the user and the relevant atmosphere from dangerous vapours generated on the work surface. Unrestricted front and side approach to the ductless workstations facilitates operations which demands complicated and intensive operator involvement, while downward airflow in the chamber safeguard the operator.
Downflow Workstation organize a safe work environment over the broad range of applications in the industry, ranging from forensic fingerprint powder, chemical, dental, forensic, industrial, microscopy, to pharmaceutical and veterinary. In fact ductless down flow work station offers huge visibility work area with easy entry to the perforated negative pressure work surface.
Essential features of downflow workstation are mentioned below-
- Easy to switch filter.
- Downward airflow safeguards operator from fume and particle threat.
- Unrestricted front and side approach to work area.
- Upgraded filter clamping knock out the risk of bypass leakage.
- Low air flow alarm.
- Filters with tremendous capacity.
Purpose of installing ductless down flow workstations are mentioned below-
- The eco-friendly option- Advanced technology of carbon filtration of downflow workstation offers a secure and immense performance alternative for broad range of applications.
- Versatility-The multiplex filter broadens the range of applications. HEPA filters add to biological security.
- Environmental benefits-Ductless fume isolate and trap chemical vapours, in order to counter ecological impact through dispensation into the atmosphere.
- Energy efficient-Ductless down flow workstations are economical and efficient to use.
- Safe to use-Workstations air flow and face velocity safeguards users from risky exposures to fumes.
- Easy to install-Ductless Downflow Workstations is self-contained and does not demand unleashing to the outside. Entire set-up, operation and filter maintenance are easy to support.
- Self-testing-Electronic airflow monitoring system ensures safety consistently. Also an extra electronic gas sensor monitors carbon filter performance.
Useful aspects of design of workstations-
- Control panel-This feature of workstation controls and displays switches for the blower.
- Airflow alarm-Low airflow alarm consistently monitors filter loading and warns user when service is required.
- Steel support frame-The chemical resistant plaster coated steel frame adds extra mechanical power.
- Work surface-Under the perforated stainless steel internal work surface is a polypropylene tray to avoid any spoilage.
- Filter door key-Filter access keys blocks accidental exposure to dirty filters.
- Internal fluorescent lamp-Vapour proof fluorescent lamp light up the interior of the workstation.
- Electrostatic pre-filter-The electrostatic pre-filter is accessible from interior part of chamber.
- Internal manual speed controller-It assists in adjusting the centrifugal fan motor speed as per requirement.
- Genuine compliant-Performance specifications and construction meet ANSI and other relevant international standards, in order to ensure safety.
- Construction-Workstations are built from either metal or polypropylene.
- 270 degree visibility-Unrestricted access of the front and sides of the workstation, gives a clear view of entire contents.
- Filter I.D. window-Front cover window displays the installed filter part number and date of installation, to remind filter replacement on expected time.