The bungee jumping activity has been discontinued abruptly for reasons unknown.
GRAVITY ZONE in Anjuna village, 10 Km north of the world famous beach village of Calangute in North Goa is the first and only facility for bungee jumping in South and South East Asia. The center is located very close to the beach and was set up by Mr Kaushik Suchak from Mumbai and was inaugurated by the ex CM of Goa, Dr Wilfred D’Souza in the last quarter of 1999.
Adventure activities can be best explored in Goa. The state has ample of options for adventure lovers. Adventure activities available in Goa are trekking, parasailing, water skiing, scuba diving, jet skiing, bungee jumping, speed boating and many more. Bungee jumping has started relatively new in Goa. This activity is not only thrilling but also spectacular. There is no specific time to indulge in bungee jumping; you can perform this sport any time in Goa and in every season.
Bungee jumping involves thrill and high risk; therefore it requires a lot of practice and training. Proper trainer and backup of a new instructor is must while performing this activity. If you are planning to try out bungee jumping in India then Goa is the perfect destination. This activity is not for chicken hearted, as it requires immense courage. The bungee jumping in Goa promises an experience of a lifetime. You must try the activity to experience a thump in your heart.
A single jump costs just Rs 500 ( around US $11 per jump ) and the management offers a 50% discount for the jumper who decides to jump again on the same day. The US based promoters who set up the infrastructure – Sports Towers Inc, have set up 48 bungee tower installations around the world with a record of approx. 3 million incident free jumps till date. The jump tower is 80 feet high and is the lowest one installed yet by the company, a
In Goa, as on 1st April, 2000, the total number of jumps carried out is 3000. The maximum number of jumps on a single day was on 1st January,2000 , what a way to start the new year and millennium !. Local tourists form 80% of the jumpers while the remaining 20% are jumpers for other countries. The jump entitles you to a bungee jump certificate to show to your friends. According to Ryan Correa , your bungee cord is well tied , secured and checked twice over. Bungee jumpers , who have jumped in Austrailia, San Francisco and Britain have taken the plunge at GRAVITY ZONE.
What is bungee jumping in the first place ?
Bungee jumping is an unusual sport of jumping off a very high structure with a long elastic rope tied to your feet. The rope pulls you back just before you hit an inflated airbag. The thrill of just jumping off the high tower is a great experience. On the other hand, it’s an exhilarating activity that is perfect for adrenaline junkies. Folks who are used to indoor activites such as texas hold em or checkers are better off trying other activities or watching bungee jumpers strut their stuff.
GRAVITY ZONE in Anjuna village, 10 Km north of the world famous beach village of Calangute in North Goa is the first and only facility for bungee jumping in South and South East Asia. The center is located very close to the beach and was set up by Mr Kaushik Suchak from Mumbai and was inaugurated by the ex CM of Goa, Dr Wilfred D’Souza in the last quarter of 19