Church of St.Thomas, Cansaulim
Founded in 1581. Rebuilt in 1632. The adjoining St. Thomas High School was founded in 1959. For history and a listing of all the vicars, see CANSAULECHIM LHARAM, a Souvenir published on the occasion of the feast of St. Thomas, 21st December 2001. The cemetery is located at the left of the picture.
Cansaulim Church is commonly known as the St. Thomas Church of Cansaulim. This church was built in 1581, near the coastline of Goa. It has been constructed according to Portuguese architectural style. This church is currently maintained by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) and finds a place in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
The present structure of the church is a fusion of Portuguese Manueline, Turkish Baroque and Italian Mannerism architectural styles. This church is easily accessible from the main village by local buses, taxis and motorbikes.